Wednesday, August 24, 2011

What I Love

I love to sit and watch a beautiful sunset or to walk around on a morning when there is freshly cut hay and just smell the air.

I love to listen to a beautiful piece of music that makes me cry or to paint something colorful and watch the colors blend and run together.

I love to watch people dancing or to ride a horse through a field.

I love to be in the mountains in the summer when the pine needles are so strong-smelling it is almost intoxicating.

I love to feel the vibration of thunder when the lightening is so close you could almost touch it. I love to hold a baby when they have just been fed and they fall asleep with a tiny drop of milk on their cheek.

I love to look out over a green field on a late summer evening when the sun is sinking low, the grass turns a dark green, the shadows are a mile long and the air is an amber haze.

I love being on an ocean beach, feeling the power of all that water around me, hearing the constant rush of wave after wave washing away all the things that do not matter.

I love watching happy children play.

I love really good books that give you something to think about and inspire you to be a better person.

I love people who smile when they walk into a room and it feels as if they have just turned the lights on.

I love thinking about my Grandfather on his farm, puttering with his tractor, talking to me about make-up and boys, dating and love.

I love summer days going bare-footed.

I love fresh fruit, stolen from the box before canning and preserving.

I love trees of every kind; Tall trees that make you lean way back to see the tops, great trees whose branches reach in a circle and provide a wonderful habitat for humans who need shade, tiny saplings whose tender limbs wave happily in even the slightest breeze, stiff pine trees whose stalwart character remains calm even in the dead of winter and whose fragrance says “Christmas” like nothing else and the lovely shimmering Aspens whose leaves seem to come alive with movement and fluidity almost like water.

I love great tall buildings whose architecture is full of symmetry and mystery.

I love Mozart for the music he created because no one could have created that music out of a barren heart.

I love flying, although I thought I would not because I was always afraid of heights. But I love the feeling of being thousands of feet in the air... flying. There is just nothing in the world like it.

I love to be alone, in a tree, thinking.

I love when the weather is cold and the food is hot, the kitchen is clean and the fireplace is toasty.

I love being alive. And from what I hear, death isn't that bad either.

No comments:

Post a Comment