Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I'd Rather

I'd rather have the honest praise of one good man than a room full of flattery.

I'd rather have a hundred years of war in the fight for freedom than a hundred years of peace in tyranny.

I'd rather live one summer on a farm than a lifetime in an apartment in the city.

I'd rather be deaf than to have never heard the music of Beethoven.

I'd rather fail at climbing Mt. Everest than succeed at becoming a couch potato.

I'd rather have a noisy, messy house than not have children.

I'd rather be poor and content with what I have than rich and greedy.

I'd rather have good statesmen than good singers.

I'd rather have one true friend than a fan club.

I'd rather see my name on a Mother's Day card than in lights.

I'd rather travel a thousand miles in the desert with no air-conditioning than walk one cool mile in anger at my brother.

I'd rather never have a car again than to go in debt for one.

I'd rather give blood every month for the rest of my life than to ever need it again.

I'd rather have a happy Mother-in-Law than a roomful of riches.

I'd rather have good home-made food in my own home than own a chain of fancy restaurants all over the country.

I'd rather never see the sun rise again than see a child abused.

I'd rather spend one night at home with my family than a thousand and one nights anywhere else.

I'd rather have, give, and be loved than anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment